Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year and such...

Wow. It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Let me see if I can think of a good reason...hmmm...Oh wait, I just thought of five! Anyway, today my life finally slowed down and man am I thankful. The holidays have been full of business and way too much working, so boy am I ready for this three day weekend. I slept in this morning, tried out my new treadmill (which I love) and have spent lots of time thinking about the last year and the one that is too come.

2009, was full of so much change for us. Preparing to relocate, relocating and adjusting to relocating, pretty much describes our year. There have been blessings, although sometimes they have been hard to find. Yet, we remain healthy and together, two things I don't ever want to take for granted. Health, that's kind of an easy one to navigate. Exercise, eat better and try to avoid stress is about all you are really able to do to maintain whatever health you are given. Together, though is a little tougher. Together requires so much more. It requires commitment, sacrifice, selflessness and lots and lots of grace. I don't know about you, but I am definitely better at exercise and eating well, than selflessness. But the benefits of togetherness far surpass any other.

When I think about 2010, all I can think about is what things I want to change this year. I want to be more fit (easy enough), I want to run a marathon with my hubby before we turn 40 ( a little tougher). I want to successfully complete my RNFA program (challenging, but achievable). I want to enjoy my kids more (believe it or not, this is a tough one for me), I want to love my husband more (yes he's lovable, but loving him selflessly). I want to draw closer to my Savior (again selflessness) I want to be a better daughter, sister and friend (are you picking up the theme yet?) Above all, this year I want my life to be LESS about me, and more about OTHERS. Trust me, for me, running and taking care of myself is far easier than trying to lead a life that isn't all about me. I'm hoping I am not the only girl relating...can I get an amen?

The Lord has placed a seed in my heart, reminding me of what He is capable of through me. I sure don't know what it is, but I do know where my greatest weakness lies...with me! So my prayer for 2010, is that this year the Lord would fill me with bountiful grace and mercy for others, that ultimately leads to glory for my King!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Becky you have set some high goals for yourself. I have a hard time just thinking of the fitness part of them. I would also truly like to think less of me and more of others. To not equate everything into how it ties into my life and my coming and goings. I will work on it with you from Idaho. I wish to you and yours a great new year filled with hope and promise. God Bless you and yours. Penny, Lucy's big sis.

    ReplyDelete