Monday, January 5, 2009

Here goes it!

Well, here we go...This represents my first official blog post. Now don't get me wrong I have had many posts in my head but this is the first one that makes it to text. I am a blissfully, happily married mother of five sons. That, in itself, is enough to keep anyone busy. I am also an operating room nurse, a daughter, a sister, a friend and most importantly a daughter of the One Most High! I love the Lord and strive to live a Christ centered life. Some who will read this know that the last is the most challenging part! Loving the Lord is easy, living it out is glorious!

Thane is my husband, my soul mate and love of my life. Our boys, Brey (14), Keller (12), Aubrey (10), Rhett (9), and Gabriel (7) are our biggest blessing. Our home is full of swords, guns, legos and fishing poles...not a doll to be found! I cannot imagine our family being any different, God's design is perfect, and I am so thankful for His design for my family. We have a dog (who is also male) named Elmer. We recently relocated and are enjoying our new surroundings and our new start.

Today is a day off from work for me, pretty rare, really. The kids are at school and Thane is at work and suddenly it dawns on me that I have time by myself! This is so rare that it took me awhile to notice it. So after enjoying some coffee and a walk with my friend, I decided to enjoy the time alone. It used to be uncomfortable for me to be alone. I am a very social person and love to be around people. For many years I panicked if I found myself with time alone. But recently I have experienced a spiritual "re-birth". I have known Jesus as my Savior since I was a child. But I had never really experienced a relationship with the Lord til very recently. Since He lifted my head during a very difficult time, and reminded me of His unconditional love for me, I have walked more closely with Him than ever before. It has been remarkable to me that all along He was there, but I wasn't seeking. He just waited for me...patiently. It brings tears to my eyes to think of Him waiting for me. Knowing that I would come, but also knowing I would have to be broken first. When I got to the end of myself, I could really come back. He knew that. So He waited. That overwhelms me even now.

I still have so much learning to do, but for the first time in my life the Holy Spirit has filled me with an insatiable desire to seek my Savior and grow closer to Him. That is some of what my blog is about. It is also about a woman, who is special to her Savior and her family. A woman on a journey...to live better, love more and share the love of Christ with those lives she touches.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!

    Welcome to the blogging world! I, as your first follower, am looking forward to reading more!

    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome! I am impressed two blogs already! I'm a terrible blogger!

    ReplyDelete